I would like to introduce myself. My name is Gaurav Mantri & I am founder of Cerebrata Software, an ISV based out of Udaipur, Rajasthan India. Since you are using Windows Azure, I thought I would bring one of our products to your attention: Cloud Storage Studio. Cloud Storage Studio, if you will, is like what Management Studio is for SQL Server. It's a WPF application which allows you to manage the data storaed in Windows Azure (Tables, Containers, and Queues).
Here are some of the high level features of Cloud Storage Studio (Currently in V0.3):
- Manage one or more storage accounts simultaneously (Please note that Dev Fabric is not supported in this version. It will be available in V0.4).
- Manage tables & entities. You can also query your table storage.
- Manage queues & messages.
- Manage containers & blobs.
- Upload multiple directories from your computer to cloud.
- Download multiple blobs simultaneously.
- Copy/Rename/Move/Delete blobs.
Currently it is in private beta and we are looking for some early adopters of this product. If you are interested in trying it out, please do let me know and I will send you the link from where you can download the application binaries. We also have an online version of the same available (Cloud Storage Studio/e) however I would recommend that you try Cloud Storage Studio for two reasons:
1. Cloud Storage Studio/e is currently not kept uptodate with the latest changes that have happened with Windows Azure Storage. For example you can't download, copy, move rename blobs using Cloud Storage Studio/e.
2. Current architecture of Cloud Storage Studio/e routes all the requests through our servers to Windows Azure. Although we don't store any account sensitive information on our site, you may be uncomfortable with this fact (a lot of people are in fact uncomfortable with that). Cloud Storage Studio, on the other hand communicates directly through storage services.
We are quite excited & encouraged by the feedback we have received so far. We are currently working on V0.4 of the application which will have support for Dev Fabric and major UX related enhancements.
Glad to hear from you. I work out of Hi-Tech city Satyam Office. Please let me know your contact details, so that we can discuss what each one of us doing in Azure Platform. You may reach me on my direct no # 40-44237020.
Good to see another local Azure User Group. Please let me know if you would like to take start some face to face interaction at Hyd I will propose all the users to join the group started by you and so that we can avoid redunduncy and confusion for Hyderabad people who are interested in learning Azure.