I was looking in cloud computing for a while now, and every day getting something new, which excites me more, to work and learn on it. so here is a article i found in the net. I hope this will bright some good focus for preparation for Azure and Sql Data Service
I would like to introduce myself. My name is Gaurav Mantri & I am founder of Cerebrata Software, an ISV based out of Udaipur, Rajasthan India. Since you are using Windows Azure, I thought I would bring one of our products to your attention: Cloud Storage Studio. Cloud Storage Studio, if you will, is like what Management Studio is for SQL Server. It's a WPF application which allows you to manage the data storaed in Windows Azure (Tables, Containers, and Queues).
Here are some of the high level features of Cloud Storage Studio (Currently in V0.3):
- Manage one or more storage accounts simultaneously (Please note that Dev Fabric is not supported in this version. It will be available in V0.4).
- Manage tables & entities. You can also query your table storage.
- Manage queues & messages.
- Manage containers & blobs.
- Upload multiple directories from your computer to cloud.
- Download multiple blobs simultaneously.
- Copy/Rename/Move/Delete blobs.
Currently it is in private beta and we are looking for some early adopters of this product. If you are interested in trying it out, please do let me know and I will send you the link from where you can download the application binaries. We also have an online version of the same available (Cloud Storage Studio/e) however I would recommend that you try Cloud Storage Studio for two reasons:
1. Cloud Storage Studio/e is currently not kept uptodate with the latest changes that have happened with Windows Azure Storage. For example you can't download, copy, move rename blobs using Cloud Storage Studio/e.
2. Current architecture of Cloud Storage Studio/e routes all the requests through our servers to Windows Azure. Although we don't store any account sensitive information on our site, you may be uncomfortable with this fact (a lot of people are in fact uncomfortable with that). Cloud Storage Studio, on the other hand communicates directly through storage services.
We are quite excited & encouraged by the feedback we have received so far. We are currently working on V0.4 of the application which will have support for Dev Fabric and major UX related enhancements.