The public beta of Azure Storage Explorer version 4 is now available.
Highlights of version 4
• Better Code. Versions 1-3 of Azure Storage Explorer didn't have the .NET Storage Client library to use and were based on an SDK sample that had a voluminous number of classes, leading to code that was vast and complex. In version 4 we are using the .NET StorageClient library and the code is compact and well-organized. The source code is open and is part of the CodePlex project.
• Newer storage feature support. Support has been added for newer features such as blob root containers, blob path prefixes, and page blobs.
• Copy and rename containers, queues, and tables.
• Direct data entry and editing of blobs, messages, and entities.
• Improved UI. The new WPF-based UI is cleaner, and supports opening multiple storage acounts at the same in tab views. The Mode-View-ViewModel pattern is used.
The official project is on CodePlex.